Linda Daley chaired the meeting
· The meeting was convened, no additions were made to the agenda and the April 16 Minutes were approved.
· Mark Matusak presented the Manager’s Report
· CloudPoint staff are on premises training staff.
· Grounds Staff are very busy trimming and mowing between rain storms.
· The Prairie Gardens site is complete and the media plan has been activated. The News Conference/Ribbon Cutting is planned for May 31 at 10:30.
The “Shaft” project is closing in on the project goal and the Dedication Ceremony is tentatively set for October 11.
· Connie Frank reported for the Springdale Historic Preservation Foundation. Margaret Williams has been elected the New President of the Foundation. Strategic planning has been on-going and has been a great process for the Board. Points of discussion have regarded fundraising plans and public involvement. The Statue of Christ has been placed and Prairie Gardens, as stated by Mark Matusak, is finished and ready for the dedication.
· Treasurer Jim Stuttle presented financials for review and discussion. Items were approved by the Board.
· The Board discussed possible changes to the By Laws to allow attendance and voting by phone.
· Upcoming Events:
o May 25 – YOGA in the Park
o May 26 Memorial Day Program Recognition
o May 27 – Illinois Valley Fuller Center Run for Veterans
o May 31 – News Conference/Ribbon Cutting for “Prairie Gardens” at 10:30
o Sept 8 – IVC Half Marathon Race
o Weekends of Oct 5 & 12 – Prairie Folklore Player Performances
o Oct 11 – Tentative Dedication Ceremony for the “SHAFT”
· The meeting was adjourned at 4:45.
Kathie Raiborn, Observer
View by Date