Linda Daley chaired the meeting
· Mark Matusak presented the Manager’s Report
· CloudPoint staff is completing training staff. They were thorough and available. Organization is the focus at this point.
· Burials are consistent with last year to date but lower than the previous 3rd and 4th years. Purchasing is up. The marketing of the Scattering Garden has encouraged more traffic and calls regarding more information. There was suggestion by the Board that the Manager’s Report should continue to report burials as well as sales in order to provide a clearer picture for business activity and incoming revenues.
· SC received a State Capital Grant for $100,000 of which a portion will be identified for the “Shaft” Project, if needed in order to reach the Project’s fund raising goals. The Board discussed the overwhelming need for those funds to repair infrastructure such as roads and maintenance equipment and buildings on the Cemetery’s grounds.
· The “Shaft” Project Ground Breaking Event will be held Saturday, June 22, 11:00 a.m.
Negotiations regarding the North Central Extension/Savanna Conservation Easement, continue. A proposal has been submitted and the Board is awaiting a reply.
· The Prairie Gardens Ribbon Cutting Event was a success and covered by a number of outlets. More inquiries and sales are starting to come in to the office as a result of the event and advertising. Full page ads were placed in a number of local and State magazines. There are also billboards at the corners of: War Memorial/University and Sheridan/Glen.
· Two family burial sites have been negotiated and are soon to be closed.
· Treasurer Jim Stuttle presented financials for review and discussion. Items were approved by the Board.
· The Board discussed and approved a change to the By Laws to allow attendance and voting by phone. They agreed that they would monitor this change in Board Meeting protocol for abuse in the form of low personal attendance.
· $18,050 was obtained by the Springdale Historic Preservation Foundation for the restoration of 11 monuments in the Cemetery.
· Slate of Officers for 2019-2020 was presented and approved by the Board. Linda Daley, Chair/Bob Manning, Vice Chair/Jim Stuttle, Treasurer/Becky Doubleday, Secretary.
· Upcoming Events:
o Sept 8 – IVC Half Marathon Race
o Weekends of Oct 5 & 12 – Prairie Folklore Player Performances
o Oct 11 – Tentative Dedication Ceremony for the “SHAFT”
Kathy Raiborn, Observer
View by Date