Bob Manning chaired the meeting –
Manager Mark Matusak reported:
· Mike Ruker gave a report regarding the Prairie Gardens and his projected involvement. He also mentioned the possibility of the Peoria Chapter of the DAR becoming the “monitor” for the forthcoming planting in the cemetery area designated as the “natural area” by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources.
· Jon Hodel from CloudPoint gave an update and demonstration using the program used to map of the cemetery.
· Burials are still down – no new interments during October.
Another Family Estate is in process as of October 4
· City Report: Capital expense projection should be slightly under budget.
· Tyler Jones - $1000 – regarding the vandalism issue may have to be paid before it becomes available
· Mark Matusak gave a report regarding the progress of four projects: Prairie Gardens, the Scattering Garden, Mapping areas of the cemetery and Replacement of grounds keeping equipment.
· There was agreement, after discussion, that this year Springdale would not have an event but would provide free flags for those who would stop by. This opportunity would be promoted to the public.
· The necessity to keep purchase the 13 passenger van that the staff has been using on site for events was discussed and tabled. Comments from Board Members suggested the van was extremely convenient for hauling people and materials when the cemetery holds events.
· The projected date for an event to be held at Springdale for the Shaft is October 11, 2019.
· The 2019 Budget was reviewed, discussed and approved by the Board and will be posted for public comment
View by Date