Linda Daley chaired the meeting
· Mark Matusak presented the Manager’s Report
· CloudPoint staff is completing training staff. They were thorough and available. Organization is the focus at this point.
· Burials are consistent with last year to date but lower than the previous 3rd and 4th years. Purchasing is up. The marketing of the Scattering Garden has encouraged more traffic and calls regarding more information. There was suggestion by the Board that the Manager’s Report should continue to report burials as well as sales in order to provide a clearer picture for business activity and incoming revenues.
· SC received a State Capital Grant for $100,000 of which a portion will be identified for the “Shaft” Project, if needed in order to reach the Project’s fund raising goals. The Board discussed the overwhelming need for those funds to repair infrastructure such as roads and maintenance equipment and buildings on the Cemetery’s grounds.
· The “Shaft” Project Ground Breaking Event will be held Saturday, June 22, 11:00 a.m.
The Peoria County Board met for its regular second Thursday of each month meeting on June 13th.
Board Chairman Andrew Rand and members entered the room shortly after 6 p.m. Chairman Rand
apologized the meeting was beginning late and explained there had been a memorial to recently
deceased member Dr. Greg Adamson. Flowers were in place at the regular desk location for Dr.
Adamson. Four proclamations were followed by the consent agenda and three zoning cases for
final vote, which were approved.
Joyce Blumenshine, Observer
The council approved a resolution Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of Illinois being the first state to ratify the 19th Amendment Allowing Women to Vote for Elective Office. Councilwomen Jensen and Ali spoke to the motion.
There were a lot of questions about the Township report. Large Ameren expenses and legal expenses were questioned. Supervisor Abdnour responded.
The Peoria County Election Commission met on Tuesday, June 11, 2019, for their regular monthly meeting. All were present except for Commissioner Sandra Burke who arrived after the business part of the meeting was completed. Also present was Chief Circuit Judge Paul Gilfillan.
Board Chairman David Collins resigned that day because of a change in employment.
Judge Gilfillan swore in new Commissioner James Manning at the end of the meeting.
Matt Bartolo will serve as Board Chairman until the end of the fiscal year in August.
The regularly scheduled Board of Commissioners meeting was scheduled to begin at 4:30 pm on June 3, 2019 at 100 S. Richard Pryor Place, Peoria IL. There were three Commissioners present at this time. Due to lack of a quorum, the meeting did not begin until 5:25 pm.
In the interim wait, new employee introduction was made, two FSS graduates were introduced. In addition, two NICHA Scholarship Award recipients were presented; one recipient has completed her BSN in Nursing.
This observer questioned PHA Secretary regarding lack of availability of Board packet or approved prior meeting minutes for 2019 on PHA website. Response was that many documents had been submitted to be posted on website and not in her control. Meeting Agenda was posted on PHA website. Statement, “Our website is under construction, please check back”, continues to be posted.
View by Date